[Dailydrool] Nigel

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 11:52:10 PDT 2014

​As some of you know, Nigel has recently developed seizures. Such a lucky
boy he is. Last night and this morning he had cluster seizures where one
ends and another begins shortly after. He was frantic, he was confused and
he was terrified. We were exhausted and shell-shocked. This morning, first
thing--on his birthday-- we drove to the Animal Hospital for help.
Dr C immediately injected him with pheno but Nigel was crazier than I have
ever seen any of my dogs, even snapping at people. We got him quieted down
(using drugs) and I brought him home where he proceeded to awaken several
hours earlier than wanted. We were just too exhausted to go through it all
again and so I called DrC to come out and do the honors.
But you know, sometimes these things don't work the way you think. John and
I got all primed.
DRC came out to the house, looked at Nigel sleeping on my bed and said HE
LOOKS GREAT!  Soooooo..............we discussed some things, talked about
this and that and since I listen when he says "It's really Time" I figured
we should listen when he says the opposite. So we're going to try and give
Nigel another chance, see if we can wake him gently and maintain him on
different drugs.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Doc.​