[Dailydrool] Truman's Big Adventure

Janice Colvin jhenrycolvin75 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 09:52:09 PDT 2014

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.  Actually, it was just
a wonderful time for me, Truman.  Roland, Janice and I are living mostly at
the beach.

Because of my tendency to fake deafness when not on a leash, the Mom has
not let me off leash on the beach for a long time. Well, yesterday things
changed!  We went for a walk on the beach, traveling about 2 blocks, if
there were blocks on the Siletz Bay. Instead, there were huge, shipwrecked
trees, and crab shells, and lotsa birds.

Roland and I went crazy sniffin. Luckily for Roland, we were on a two-dog
leash holder, so I could help him navigate the rocky path down to the
beach, around the big trees, and up another rocky path to the beach access.
 I was so excited to smell all the funky shore smells and see the sea
critters (deceased ones, that is) and look under the driftwood trees! Then
the Mom let me off the leash.

 I have been feeling a little down lately because we no longer live with
the Dad, but this big beach adventure made me dee-lear-yus with excitement.
I picked up a stick and ran a lap around the neighbor's yard.  I ran back
to Mom.  I made another lap when I saw a big black lab two houses down, who
spoiled my cover by barking at me.  Now, I'm not a dog who enjoys dog
parks, unlike my brudder Roland, but I ran to the big lab to play with him.
Unfortunately, the lab's person yelled at Mom that she needed to "put that
dog on a leash." She did and we left for home.

Nonetheless, we had great fun and we're doing it again today.

Love to all and especially the great Nigel and his family and friends,
Truman
Janice Marilyn Henry