[Dailydrool] Remember to help the seniors

VIRGINIA OLIVEIRA duda.tuppence at shaw.ca
Sat Jul 26 14:26:22 PDT 2014

Hi everyone!

Hope all of you are healthy, slaves and hounds. If hou are healthy, everything else is possible.
Today I was choosing some books at Amazon.com, and at some point I clicked something and the browser opened a window reminding me to use Smile Amazon for my charity of choice ( they had it "on file").
Well, I know how hard it is to be a human senior, it hurts here, it hurts there, you need those and those meds, that hip replacement...oh the older droolers know what I mean!
Imagine when you are a dog! Life can get really complicated for those guys, so places like Seniors Houndsabound, the House of Puddles, and Daphneyland all need every help they can get.
Amazon will donate 0.5% of you purchase to the charity of your choice. I thought " That is too little!". But then Violeta looked me fiercely in the eyes with her "blind eyes that see afar", as she use to say...and made me remember our $5 fridays, and THEN I thought : " every little counts, a lot of littles can become a lot!".
Violeta helped me with that. She is 12 and has a spoiled life, but not all blind Basset do.
So, I just thought I 'd better remind you my furends, to use smile.amazon.com when doing your purchases. I had totally forgotten, and many like me, probably did too.
I hope all is well with all our furends. Violeta sends "da best sardine thick sticky healing drool" to those who need it. "Lots ob it", she added.
Love
Virginia, mom of Violeta ( da blind basset who see afar) and Xaxa ( who is in heaven now)

Miriam Virginia Oliveira