[Dailydrool] Deaf Dogs

Phlpwnfldp at aol.com Phlpwnfldp at aol.com
Sun Jul 27 19:24:26 PDT 2014

I saw a couple of drools today about hounds that are hard of  hearing. I
know the issue more than I would like to.  Darby, a basset  that I got from
the San Francisco shelter when he was a puppy was  everything you might want
in a basset puppy.  Unfortunately, he  was  "willful" that is not obeying any
commands.  I got used to his living in  his own world, until after a couple
of year when I came home early one  day.  He was staring out the window,
not even acknowledging my presence  even though I was making noise 6 feet
away.  Darby was deaf as a  post!

In retrospect, I remember my other basset at the time (Bogart -- still with
 me) herding Darby around when we were in the big park dog walks, when
Darby  couldn't hear "come",  Bogart would make sure he was  pointed the  right
direction.  Yes, you heard that right, Bogart, herded another  basset.

Today is the 2nd anniversary of Darby going to the bridge.  I hope he  can
hear better up there.  God bless you Darby.

Phil