[Dailydrool] Schneider shunt for glaucoma

Karen Williams bazadaba at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 29 18:27:13 PDT 2014

My Millie has already lost one eye to glaucoma and we have been treating her remaining eye with drops for several years. Lately she had had a few possible pressure spikes and we are considering having a shunt implanted. We have discussed the traditional type of shunt and the newer Schneider shunt. We are leaning toward the Schneider shunt but would appreciate comments from the drool family on pros & cons of each shunt.

Karen and Millie, Elwood, Beatrix & Gumbo
Please don't breed or buy while in shelters they die