[Dailydrool] Some news

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 06:11:20 PDT 2014

The Houndettes don't know it yet but they are getting a little brother next
week! We don't have a name for our little guy yet but he will be 14 weeks
old this coming Sunday and we think he is just wonderful! The DH and I have
not had a buppy in about 40 years so this is going to be quite an adventure
for all of us. I turned 60 this summer and I decided that, just once, I'd
like to start at the beginning. Every other hound we've ever had has been a
rescue and, as wonderful as all of them have been, they all have come with
baggage. If this little guy ends up with baggage at least we'll only have
ourselves to blame! Ginger (who can be dog aggressive) was wonderful with
our young foster boy that we had a while ago so I'm hoping that she'll be
just as good with a young puppy. She doesn't seem to mind dogs who are
smaller than she is so I'm hopeful that, by the time this little guy is her
size, she'll be used to having him around and not get nasty with him. She's
been very good with the other Houndettes since we've given up fostering and
we aren't throwing strange dogs at her all the time so I'm hopeful.

So anyway, wish us luck! The adventure begins on Monday!

Jane & the Houndettes
Shadow, Suzy & Ginger