[Dailydrool] Another $5 Friday hound for June

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Mon Jun 2 10:54:01 PDT 2014

$5 Friday is fast approaching - it's this coming Friday, June
6th.  A lot of you have already donated and we thank you
for that.  BAGS is up to its eyeballs in vet bills with these
senior hounds we've been telling you about and can use
all the help they can get. If you've not donated before, please
consider giving up your latte or other favorite treat and send
just $5 via Paypal to debbiesdawgs at icloud.com   It will make
you happy to know that you're are a part of helping these
dogs have a happy life after such hard and heartbreaking
times. We've seen 3 times now how donating a small
amount adds up to a LOT when enough people participate.
We'd like to increase our numbers - if you can donate
even just $1 we welcome and appreciate your contribution.

Please email off list if  you prefer to donate by check or
have any questions.  Every penny we collect goes to
the rescue on Tuesday after donations end on Sunday
night.

Also I have been remiss in failing to mention in a couple
of my posts that Moon Doggie Coffee is again offering
a $25 gift card - drawing will be done on Monday June 9th.

We've told stories about Charlie and Buddy and the 3 girls:
Trixie, Snow Paws and Candy.  Now here is Dusty's story as
told by Maribeth Walker with BAGS Basset Rescue:

Our gentleman, Mr. Dusty Dust Bunny, will celebrate his 11th birthday in June. Dusty's owner reached out to me when their family life crumbled as a result of her husband suffering from Post Tramatic Stress Syndrome after returning from Iraq. They became homeless, and Dusty was being looked after by friends, then friends of friends. When it was agreed he would come to BAGS, Dusty's mom went to get him where she thought he was being cared for, but he was no longer in the home. He had become an inconvenience, and days earlier, they left him in a shed on Sand Mountain, in the Tennessee area. The snowstorm that night made the road impassable, and the bitter cold, gave us all a sleepless night wondering if Dusty could be found alive. The next day a volunteer from another rescue, drove to get Dusty. She opened the shed, and out he bounded, and ran to her van, and slept on a warm blanket on the way back to her home. When Dusty arrived in Ohio a week later, he was diagnosed with Rocky Mountain Spotted Tick Fever. He hadn't been to a vet for a number of years, and sadly no preventative had been given to avoid this illness. Dusty completed his tick disease treatment, which took 6 weeks, and we will know in a year if he tests negative. He has a lot of arthritis, especially in his neck. Dusty is now in need of a dental, including many extractions. He is now healthy enough to endure this surgery - it will be costly, but very necessary. Dusty is enjoying his new life in Ohio and will never have to worry again about being cold, hungry, or forgotten.

Thanks,
Donna, drool fueler for Gracie, Bosley and Sunny