[Dailydrool] Dog Toy Colors -

VIRGINIA OLIVEIRA duda.tuppence at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 4 12:09:47 PDT 2014

Violeta is a rather strange hound when it comes to toys. She NEVER cared at all for any kind of stuffed animals/ toys. For her the only toy that matters is the YELLOW BALL.

Yes, and it has to be the same kind, same brand,I mean, exactly the same ball she started playing as a puppy.
Once I bought a new one, same brand and kind, red ball. She NEVER TOUCHED IT.
Well, she came, smelled, took a look and rolled it away from her with her nose, as if saying:
"No, this one I don't want, thank you".
So for years, untill she got blind, there were always many yellow balls around the house, the garden, even inside the heater vent. So, to control all those yellow balls, dadperson put number on them, so we knew if there were any missing. Just like you do with toys, but each toy looks different from the other.

Now yellow balls, are all the same!
Luckly, since her buppy time I taught her to play "smell and find the ball", a game she loves! Her tail almost unscrew because it wiggles so fast!
Now that she is blind and 12, she cannot play as she used to with her daddy ( he would kick the ball, and she would catch, grabbing it in mid-air, a super goal keeper!). But when we are in bed I can hide one ball and she will go sniffsniffsniffsniff until she finds it. And SHE DOES!
But again, it has to be a yellow one. Hide the red one, same brand, same smell ( at least to me), and she would sit, boredom written all over her face, and will take a nap.

So, my girl has weird toys choice as well. Can't imagine why!

Virginia with Violeta in Canada and Xaxa ( in heaven now)

Miriam Virginia Oliveira