[Dailydrool] Noises Bassets make

Suzanne Dempsey csdempsey at charter.net
Thu Jun 5 07:03:37 PDT 2014

Rebecca,

Belle, Beau and Bonnie howl, Belle is usually the "bell hound" that
starts them off, then they go into full chorus and Beau has the deepest
howl.  Sometimes when I have had one of those days, I will be the "bell
hound" and get everyone started, nothing better than a howling chorus to
lift the spirits! Then there are the howl fests at 4:00 am when there
are creatures in the woods behind our house!

Belle, like to "rooo rooo", when she is in the mood to play or when
breakfast and dinner are not being served to her satisfaction.  Belle
will also "whine" when she wants a rawhide or something else that Bonnie
is chewing on.  Belle also will give a low growl if she thinks you are
going to disturb her sleep.

And let's not forget the tails thumping on the furniture to wake mom
slave up in the morning (wouldn't want her to oversleep).