[Dailydrool] Jasmine's ear crud, hound noise & helping senior bassets

CenturyLink Customer oakrydgebh at q.com
Thu Jun 5 07:16:26 PDT 2014

I posted an update on Jasmine's ear crud problem about a week ago but I haven't seen it so I'm reposting.  Her ears are doing much better. Most of you advised using Blue Power which is what I had been leaning toward but just wasn't sure so I asked for some input . There's a lot less of the black crud now and it is not as gooey as it was. It just looks like dirt. She didn't show any signs of pain or discomfort that was noticeable but now that it's getting better she is not as grumpy  so I think it was bothering her a little bit. I have been dealing with some severe back and leg pain over the past couple weeks so I haven't been able to treat her ear as often but it is getting better. Thank you all for your support.

It gets very noisy here at times with 10 hounds. No one shows up without a lot of barking and carrying on from the Oakrydge pack . They are my early warning system. Since we live out in a rural farm area, it's nice to have them sound the alarm. They also perform a howling chorus most mornings about 5:30 which is the time the Dadslave needs to get up. It's quite loud and last several minutes. No need for an   alarm clock here. Now if we could just get them to stop for Dad's days off!

I'm all for supporting the senior hounds in rescue  and do so whenever I can. I currently have 8 seniors and it takes some creative budgeting to cover expenses and vet bills. I feel very lucky to live where I do and have a vet clinic that is very reasonable compared to others . A dental with no extractions runs about $120. Right now I have several hounds needing dentals and a few due for vaccinations . Toffee needs  a lymph node removed her neck. I t has grown large enough that it' s interfering with her breathing a bit and she gags sometimes now . If you remember, she was diagnosed with cancer a few months ago. Other than this enlarged lymph node she is doing very well at this point . S he just celebrated her 13th birthday on May 19th along with her brother Nathan. My s enior hounds are a joy and bring sunshine to my life. I can't imagine life without them.

Jacqie and the Lowdown Hounds of Oakrydge + Megan the Talldog (also a senior with lots of arthritis)