[Dailydrool] Not doing so good today

Tim Mayer tcm541 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 17:56:20 PDT 2014

I just spent a very tough hour and a half at the vet's office, sitting in
the back room with Leia Round. She's not doing as good today. She's not
eating again, she's pretty un-interested in what's going on around her, she
seems to be in more pain than before. The latest x-ray showed no noticable
improvement - the fluid in her lungs isn't clearing up anymore. And it
actually looks less like heart trouble and more like a mass in her chest
restricting the use of her heart and lungs. It's that ugly word.you
know.starts with "t" and ends with chemo, radiation, and other drastic
measures. But we're afraid she doesn't have the strength to withstand that.

We're going to give it another day. If she seems to be getting stronger,
we'll keep working with her. If not, we have to talk about the hard
decisions. It's hard to believe that just a few days ago we were rolling
around on the floor and chasing each other around the house.

Dexter, of course, is lonely. He was crying like a baby when I came home.
But he is eating, and behaving normally. He was all over me when I came in
smelling like Leia - he's such a dear.

Just a quick thank you to everyone for the notes of encouragement - I know
most of you have been through similar situations, and sharing the burden
sure helps me feel better.

Tim 'n Puppies