[Dailydrool] Heart Dogs

Kim Dworak kdworak69 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 11 08:07:07 PDT 2014

I have been lucky enough to have two heart dogs.  Robbie was a sheepdog mix that we had when I was growing up, we were inseparable and I loved him so much.  Gunter I had for 7 years and I lost him last March.  He was such a goofball and made me laugh all the time.  He loved looking out the window and barking his head off at everyone that walked by.  He had no concept of edges (couch edges, bed edges etc).  He would fall off all the time and have the goofiest look on his face that said I meant to do that.  Most of the time I'd catch him though.  He thought he was a gazelle.  I still can't look at his picture or talk about him very much without tears.  A friend of mine that makes glass beads made me a heart that has Gunter's ashes mixed into the glass.  I wear it just about every day and it helps to have him with me all the time.  Hal is Brian's heart dog, it is beautiful to see them together.  Heidi does a lot of goofy things that Gunter used to do.  It is sweet to see and Brian and I think that Gunter is whispering suggestions in her ear :-)

Kim with Hal, Wulfgang, Heidi and Gunter atb - and the cats who Gunter loved to chase.