[Dailydrool] Heart Dog

DDropp at aol.com DDropp at aol.com
Wed Jun 11 19:00:55 PDT 2014

My heart dog was my Charlie.  He was my first basset and was 7 years  old
when I got him.  I really fell hard for him.  He got me involved  in basset
rescue and stole my heart.  To this day I remember how he looked  as he would
run to me-his ears flapping and such a smile on his face.  I so  wanted to
capture that smile, so I bought a movie camera and took it to a waddle  to
do so, but alas, I goofed in running the thing and none of the video came
out.  That was the last time I had to capture the smile and running.   He had
continence problems as well as spine problems, but I and my wife did all  we
could for him until the day he went down in his back legs.  I had just  had
hip surgery and my wife had back problems so we could not carry him up and
down the stairs or lift him.  A day before Basset Fest 2010 and one month
before his 14th birthday we had to let him go.  I still get very sad
thinking of that day and remembering his precious smile as her ran to me.   Dear
Pw. Charlie, I miss you every day.

Douglas