[Dailydrool] rain and wet feet

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 10:22:13 PDT 2014

My boys do not usually mind the rain. Nigel, Llewis and Doc do not mind the
mud.  Unfortunately.

Conley is another story. If there is a really good reason, like a three
legged squirrel trying to get up the side of the metal shed, he could be
induced to charge through the mud, but generally the other three come in
covered and Conley comes in with one toenail slightly dirty.
I am wondering if some of this is from his show dog days, when, landing in
a fairgrounds parking lot 3 feet deep in rain and muck I took great pains
(carried him) to avoid getting him dirty. Or took huge detours. And somehow
he learned that it was good to stay clean.

Or is he just fussy.
Had his dental today. I am waiting for him to wake up enough to bring home.​