[Dailydrool] Dog Park: Dexter meets Corky

Tim Mayer tcm541 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 17:24:38 PDT 2014

Since Dexter is so despondent being home alone, I'm working on getting him a
companion. Today it was a trip to a dog park in a nearby town to meet a
fella named Corky. It was Dexter's first trip to a dog park, since we don't
have one near here. Corky is a two year old basset/beagle mix that is still
ALL puppy power. He's very affectionate, and really looks much more basset
than I would have expected. He has shorter ears and muzzle, but the legs,
feet, body shape, etc. is almost an exact match for Dexter. They ran and
played and had a blast. I took my mom with me because we do travel together,
with her Pomeranian-Chihuahua mix. So we needed to be sure he's good with
the small dog too. No issues there. They say he's great with kids, and
doesn't bother cats.  Overall, he's a solid find. Here's some photos of
Corky and Mom's dog Zack:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/31373896@N03/sets/72157645163835965

Corky would be a very good companion for Dexter, but I left without him.
There's another guy we're going to go visit on Sunday. But that trip is
about 10 hours there and back. And the rescue he's at has rather high
adoption fees. In the photos I've seen, this dog is so handsome it almost
makes ME drool, so I've got to go and check him out.

What's nice about this, is even with the vet bills earlier this week, I'm in
a position where spending what could turn out to be a few hundred dollars to
get another basset (rescue fees, gas, meals, etc.) won't be a problem.

Tim