[Dailydrool] This and that, starting with Bo ATB

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 19 14:42:45 PDT 2014

To start, I send my most heart condolences to the Valerie family regarding the loss of Bo.  I wish I had the lingual prowess of Lea, she said it brilliantly, (and this is not sarcasm, instead, real admiration of Lea's prose), but I will give my humble two cents.
Val, I have long admired your devotion to Bo, and you were remarkable in his caregiving.  I am so sorry for your loss, and I know you and your family are grieving greatly, but you have the love and support of this drool community to lean on, lean on me whenever you need.
You posted about Bo's pee pee suit,  and I was almost tempted to ask for it for Jellybean,  but she is a girl, and the suit is a boy's suit, so there, enough said.
What a week…
On Tuesday, I brought  Jellybean to the Vet for routine anals and a pedicure.  Of course she pooped in the waiting room, and another person there said, have a fecal test done.  Well, I routinely do annual fecal tests in July, so I thought why not.  The receptionist  gathered a sample, and when I called the next day, Jelly's Vet said, let us retest, there is a possible indication of larva, but he was not sure whether it was a false positive.  The recheck was no charge, btw.
Given the fact of a possible larva infection, I spent the day collecting fresh poop from all the hounds, and I managed to get it all done in one day.  Next day results were all negative.  WHEW!!!!
So given I was a little off because of this unexpected event, it got worse.  On Wed., around 2 pm, I had all dogs ready to go out, and Nigel provoked a fight with Pierre jr., over a treat.  Nigel is OK despite Pierre's effort to fight back, but they had collars on, and I broke it up pretty quickly.  Jr., on the other hand, was lanced.
I called the Vet office, and I was soon on my way to have him treated.  It was not horrible, we have been through worse, and for a change, I was't hurt either.  Pierre has two nicks on one ear and five on the other, but he didn't need stitches or sedation.
BTW, my sister was in San Fran, and on a flight delay, and  she did sent an email check in to see how Mom and the hounds were…
Instead of Larva, I wrote, Jellybean maybe has Lava.
She won't let me live it down, and it is our joke for this week.
healing drool and love to all in need.
Jax and the pax