[Dailydrool] Harley of Hawaii checking in

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 20 14:53:07 PDT 2014

this is Harley of Hawaii. People have been asking how I'm doing. Actually, I'm doing great. My life has improved greatly. My brother, Bo, had been generally declining over the past few months--nothing radical, but he had decided he could never be left alone, and also that he did not wish to go anywhere other than across the street, turn right, go two houses, turn right back across the street, right again and home on our walks. So mom had stopped taking us hounds anywhere--she and dad left the house but Mila and I had to stay with Bo. No more trips to the fish restaurant at the pier for chicken tenders served under the table, no more walks on the beach, no more strolls through downtown to garner pets, just home, home, home. I miss Bo. I liked him. But in the past two days Mila and I have been to the beach, to the fish restAurant, to the fabric store, and last night on our walk we turned LEFT! And walked FIVE houses before turning. I am feeling a certain liberation. I imagine I might be lonely if Mila were not here, but she is, and we play together (Bo had not played in years). Mom seems less leaky-eyed today. I think everything is going to be okay. Harley of Hawaii