[Dailydrool] Crazy wildlife

Julie Canny julie.a.canny at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 09:15:08 PDT 2014

I'm wondering if elsewhere in the world people are noticing a significant
drop in intelligence of local wild life.  Or, perhaps it's an increase.
 Anyway, the squirrels here have become "stupid".  They sit on the lawn of
our neighbors, and do not move until the 4 bassets are a whisker away from
catching them.  MacKenzie (all 82 lbs. of her) almost got one.  Mulligan
almost caught a bird.  And now, there is a bird so dumb, that she put her
nest in a window box on my front porch.  When she first put it there, while
empty, I moved it away.  The next day, she moved the whole thing back and
left an egg.  The next day another, then another and today there are 4.  I
can only imagine Guinness's whining when he hears little birdies on his
front porch.  I have a bench in front of it, because I just know that he'd
be up with his nose in it.  She squawks at us when we are on the front
porch.  Well, at least the alligator hasn't left his pond (yet).