[Dailydrool] Welcome Augie!

VIRGINIA OLIVEIRA duda.tuppence at shaw.ca
Sat Jun 21 20:53:14 PDT 2014

First!

Welcome, Augie!!!

Well, about peeing: he still needs to figure it is JUST outside. He is been there for only 1 month... He will get it. Just be patient, very patient.

Digging: he for sure smell something there. Maybe Onslow smell... He then chooses to lie down on the smell he can relate. And before lying down he needs to dig dig dig... That is very natural. They do dig. Violeta always smell, then chooses the place than digdigdig then lie down.
I have some sheet that is almost transparent because of it. Hehehehe

Couchs: where would you naturally prefer to sit/lie down? The floor or couch?
Me too.
I have no experience in how to avoid. I have the contrary, though.
When we adopted Xaxa, he was so well behaved, looking even afraid of getting close to couches or armchair. We showed him it was ok to stay anywhere. Even encouraged him to go up, stay in the couch with us. He learned fast. Good boy Xaxa!
But beds he was a little weary of. He would go but never stayed long.

All you are going through is very normal. Onslow was probably VERY VERY well behaved.
I am sure that Augie will be too. Just be patient and consistent. He will get there. He just wants to do what is right and please you. In time, he will adjust to you and your husband.

All the best, and please show him to us at the drool page at Facebook. He must be adorable!

Love and drool to those who need it,
Virginia, mom of Violeta and Xaxa ( in heaven)

Miriam Virginia Oliveira