[Dailydrool] the fort

Dale Rutz dalerutz at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 21 17:57:29 PDT 2014

Hello, it's Dale the ever clueless momPerson here

As long time droolers know some 15 or so years ago I planted a wild flower bed.  Over the years various dogs have laid claim to said bed, the latest in this group of interlopers being one LuLu Belle and one Miss Gracie who sculpt out the wildflowers from the inside such that it looks normal from the sides and the top, however once it dies back in the late fall you can see the tunnels and dens they sculpt into a maze.  The bed is about 5 feet tall now and has closed off from the top and there is major construction going on in there.

I messed with them this year.  The "dens" result in bare spots as the bed is sprouting in the spring.  At this delicate time I close it off to the dogs (about 4 weeks) and this year I got out my shovel and moved things around such that the bare spots were filled in.  LuLu is REALLY pissed.  There is no other word to describe it and believe it or not she is smart enough to pee on the places where I transplanted and kill the younger (smaller) plants.  How do they know to do this?  She wants her dens and she is going to have them it seems.

Gracie takes a different approach.  She was back there before dinner, we knew because we could see the wildflowers moving and so follow her.  Greg walked over there and looked in from the top very closely and he could make her out ....she was CHEWING off at the base plants which I had transplanted into another (smaller) den.

Apparently I am to bud out entirely as regards my wildflower bed and instead turn my attentions to other beds which are fenced off with 6 foot fences and gates (they have vegatables).  It seems there is some contention as to whom the wild flower bed actually belongs.

I remain ..... the ever clueless momPerson .... who planted this wildflower bed in the first place AND waters it I might add ........