[Dailydrool] I'm discouraged

AWoodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Mon Jun 23 17:45:51 PDT 2014

Sister Holly the Dolly started taking Apoquel this spring and it worked for
her, but we ran into the same problem, very limited supply.  And Sister
Holly has horrible grass and tree allergies, she cannot be without that pill
every day.  First day I tried half a pill, she chewed all the hair off of a
4 inch by 8 inch strip of her belly.  Second time we did half a pill, she
chewed all the hair off of the base of her tail and part of her hip.  So
Sister Holly is now on Temeril-P, which has a little bit of steroid in it,
which I don't like, but at least her hair is starting to grow back.  We may
try Apoquel next year, but this "we didn't make enough" line from the
manufacturer is incredibly frustrating.  Get the Vet to prescribe something
else for your boy.

Anita Woodrum
awoodrum at clear.net