[Dailydrool] Toby ATB

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Sun Jun 29 14:09:07 PDT 2014

Toby left for the Bridge this morning.

After several days of not wanting to eat,  and me trying just about anything
to interest him,  Pat and I let him go to the Bridge.

It was such a hard decision as he walked in wagging his tail,  but other
than his heart issues and his kidney issues he seemed fine.  I know those 2
alone are enough,  but it just seemed like a hound wagging his tail should
not have to leave us.  But he was slowly starving himself and I could not
let it go on any longer. Toby was a very sweet low key hound, maybe because
of his heart issues. When he came to us, it took a while for him to want to
sleep inside, guess he had been an outdoor hound.  I would find him curled
up in a hole he had dug out, sleeping peacefully.   He still enjoyed his
outdoor naps,  spending a great many of them under our huge gardenia bush.
Pat and I fully expected to find him there one day, gone.   I normally do
not scatter ashes, but I might put a portion of his under that bush that he
loved so well.

He has been cremated and I will go pick him up in the morning.

Thanks for all the drool and prayers for last week, he did rally some, but
then started turning his nose away from eating again.