[Dailydrool] Dozer...

Sandi Scranton njmedic702 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 11:44:31 PDT 2014

As those of you on Facebook already know, our sweet Dozer traveled to the
Bridge on Wednesday evening.  He seemed to be really minding the heat that
day so I decided to give him a tepid bath in the bathtub.  While in there
he suddenly lay down and even wanted to put his face in the water.  My
daughter helped me rinse him off and get him out of the tub and dried off
but he didn't seem to have the strength to do more than lie on the cool
bathroom tile floor.  He occasionally moaned, not like he was in pain but
like he just didn't feel well.  He had been on the starting dose of MMS for
about three days at this point and in retrospect I wonder if he wasn't just
feeling horribly nauseated since it wasn't that long after eating his
dinner with the MMS added that this happened.

We called our vet and of course the office was closed so we had to travel
to the emergency vet where we had a nightmarish experience.  Within five
minutes after we entered the office they put their hand out for money.
 Then, they took him in the back to put in a catheter for euthanasia and
couldn't find a vein for 45 minutes...but NO ONE told us this!  We just sat
and waited, worried and stressed over what was going on.  They finally
brought him back and he was a bit more alert - lifting his head - but not
much.  They asked if we wanted some time with him and we said yes.  After
ten minutes or so I was just ready to let him go.  No one came back for
nearly a half hour.  Once again my daughter had to seek out someone to tell
them they were just torturing me with all the delays and shortly thereafter
the vet came into the room and explained that they couldn't access the med
cabinet where they kept the medication which was needed.  I have no idea
what the problem was, just that there was one.  I was far too distraught at
this point to care.

So, I made what I believed was the best decision I could for our big guy.
 He was incredibly special and didn't deserve a poor quality of life at 14
years. I would have given anything for the MMS or the neoplasene we were
considering, to work. There is a HUGE hole in my heart and the house is far
too quiet.  Delilah seems to be out-of-sorts - like she doesn't quite
understand where her brother has gone.  I think she is lonely and that,
too, breaks my heart.

Thank you to all who have sent caring messages of love, condolence, hugs
and heart healing drool.  It means more than you know.

Sandi, Mamaslave to to Delilah Belle and Dozer, ATB forever in my heart