[Dailydrool] House Wish List

AWoodrum awoodrum at clear.net
Mon Jun 30 19:50:31 PDT 2014

Our list of things we would like in a house in Georgia would include a one
story house with a great big porch (screened would be nice), and a
snugly-fenced yard for the hounds.  And a couple of big shade trees would be
wonderful.  My dogs love to go out and lay in the shade, my part of town is
very popular with home buyers in part because of all the huge old shade
trees we have.  I don't know how people live here without shade trees.

We are in Texas (Dallas), where it's as hot as the front porch of hell from
May to Halloween, and very humid, but not as humid as Georgia.  And there
are lots of bugs everywhere in the south, which is why a screened porch
would be nice.  Keeps the skeeters and other bugs out, lets the air blow
through in the cooler months, and you and the dogs can sit outside and watch
the world go by most of the year.  Not in the summer, but all the other
seasons.

By the way, stop buying wool clothing and long sleeved summer outfits.  No
one in the deep south buys wool items, because in a typical winter you might
get to wear woolens for maybe 3 to 5 days.  Some years not at all, it stays
too hot.  Long sleeved casual wear in the summer??!!  Only if you enjoy
heatstroke.  The deep south is a whole different world from what you are
used to.  We have horrible summers and wonderful, temperate winters.  No
snow tires, studded tires are illegal and tire chains may be illegal, too,
and if we get a skim of snow or ice everything shuts down.  We don't know
how to drive in it, so we all stay home and play.  Give it a couple of years
and you'll like it.

Anita Woodrum
awoodrum at clear.net