[Dailydrool] Mama update

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at optimum.net
Tue Mar 4 06:46:02 PST 2014

My mama, the only human I really love (though I like another Pam who
lives a couple of doors up from us), went to the doctor yesterday. She's
had this whatever it is--cold or pneumonia or bronchitis, she says--for
a week and a half. The doc wanted to see her again. So she left me home
alone, except for the other hounds and kitty, and went out into the
dangerous world to find the doctor. Finally she came home.

She still pretty much feels as if a steamroller went along her whole
length, but the doc tells her it is viral, so there isn't much he can do
for her. He gave her some cough medicine with codeine in it, and mom was
wiped out all day from a single teaspoon, so that's not in the future
anymore. She's not sure that the reason she's so tired today isn't
because of that stuff either. But she's getting back to work again, so
she can make her deadlines.

She says to thank everyone who drooled or e-mailed her or posted on the
Drool about her being sick. She figures she may be halfway through this,
since she read online that pneumonia (which is what she still thinks it
was) can last up to three weeks. But as long as she can work and take us
hounds out, she will be fine. She's certainly feeling better than she
was last week, so she expects to weather this storm.

Drool to all the rest who are not feeling so hot during this cold
season.

Horton, who exclusively owns the food slave Pam