[Dailydrool] Dear Snoopy

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at optimum.net
Fri Mar 7 08:07:11 PST 2014

Dear Snoopy:

I know all about having trouble finding good help. The mama refuses to
allow me on the bed at any time. She has some silly excuse about how I
had a broken leg. But the doc told her that in a year I'd be back to 99
percent of my original strength, and it's been a whole year since I came
here. Mama still says I can't do beds. She's afraid that I will jump
down off the bed and hurt myself. Then I'd have to have surgery all over
again to fix myself, she says. I don't think so, but she tells that
plate and pins are really scary looking--I didn't look a the picture the
doc showed her when I was still hurting, so I don't know about that. I
don't know why the doc didn't bring those pictures down to my level,
after all, I was the patient, not mama.

Meanwhile, Dexter--the BLIND basset--gets to lie between mama and daddy
every night. When he whines at mama, he even gets to lie there during
the day.

It's not fair, really it's not fair. I know I'm still afraid of daddy,
but I think it'd be OK on the bed, really, especially if he wasn't
there.

These humans! They just aren't logical.

Horton the Fearful, of the Dashing Bassets

PS I am glad you are feeling better. Hope you stay that way.