[Dailydrool] A little Drool for Crackers

KR1204 at aol.com KR1204 at aol.com
Thu Mar 13 15:45:23 PDT 2014

I have put off asking because of all the others who need it more but if
there is a little left over, could you please send it to Crackers who drools
mightily for everyone else. He started refusing food a week ago Mon and then
 would only eat one thing each day, i.e. bread, vienna sausages,
chicken,etc. He  did continue to drink normally the whole time. Friday he had several
bouts of  diarrhea and I took him to the vet on Sat. He had lost 5 lbs in
two weeks but  she didn't find anything remarkable. He got an anit-nausea drug
and  antibiotics. His appetite has gradually picked up and he has been
eating  kibble the past two days but he only eats about 1/4 cup at a time so I
am feeding him several small meals a day. His personality is back but what
worries me is he is very wobbly in his hind legs. At first I thought it was
due to strain of having to walk around a frozen snow filled back yard for
two  weeks but the ice and snow cleared up the past couple of days and  he
has not improved. He goes back to the vet in a week for followup. I am not
letting him climb stairs and have made him a "nest" on the family room  floor
with comforters and quilts so he won't be tempted to get on the  furniture.
Hopefully he improves but we need a little help right now.
It was 3 years ago on 3/11 that he bloated and spent 4 days in a coma at
the vetspital. I was praying this had nothing to do with that as was my  vet.
Also, I have done Crackers a great disservice by telling people he  was
12-13 years old. My vet checked the records and he is actually 11  years young!
Kathy with Crackers, Loki (who is so jealous of all the goodies  Crackers
is getting) and Jordan.