[Dailydrool] Allergies Cont.

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 17:17:45 PDT 2014

I can't believe I forgot about the fish oil! Definitely add fish oil to the
food to help with an allergic itchy hound! If Foxy is allergic to fish, use
flaxseed meal or flaxseed oil. Sometimes a dog that is only mildly allergic
to fish can handle fish oil. They are allergic to the protein and the oil
is the fat.

Beauford is allergic to fish and flaxseed. He is mildly allergic to fish
and tolerated the fish oil just fine. He is massively allergic to flaxseed
and it is not a pretty sight if you give him flaxseed oil. Beauford gets
2.5 times the recommended amount per the vet because he also has hip
dysplasia. Bugsey gets 2x the recommended amount per the vet because his
allergies are rather severe. Browyn gets the amount recommended because she
has allergies, but they are nothing like the boys. I prefer the liquid, but
that is just me. The boys won't eat the pills if I put them in the food
bowl and Beauford has really bad problems swallowing pills and fish oil
pills are very large.

Jennifer