[Dailydrool] Flash The Wonderdog designing Tristate Basset Hound Waddle Shirts

wsnoopy wsnoopy at optonline.net
Fri Mar 14 17:27:29 PDT 2014

Tri-State Basset Hound Rescue is holding our annual BoardWaddle this
year in Ocean City NJ on April 11th & 12th.   Information is available
on our website for those of you not on our mailing list.  As always we
have a new tshirt design for 2014, but this year it’s really unique.
This year it was painted by a Basset, and a three-legged one at that!
Flash (The Wonder Dog) was rescued by Tri-State last summer after he was
cruelly shot by his owner in Kentucky.   He had to have one leg
amputated and another was badly damaged.  Sue Mason and her zoo
fell in love and adopted him, and his happy and loving approach to life
prompted her to see how he would react to paw painting.   Turns out he
was just waiting to be asked!  While most dogs walk around on the paper
with paint on their paws, Flash’s physical condition results in him
sitting down on the painting a lot.  He wags his tail constantly and his
one damaged paw gets pulled through the paint, both of which create
what look like brush marks, which are unique to Flash’s paintings.

Sue places a piece of watercolor paper on the floor and surrounds it
with newspaper in a lame attempt to contain the mess.  Then Flash
walks/slides his butt/sits on the paper while Sue periodically lifts his
good front paw up and applies the paint to it.  ( She keeps the creative
juices flowing with bologne as he’s prone to naps).  She never directs
the painting and only choses the paint colors.  When she feels there is
enough pattern on the paper and before it starts to look muddy, she
removes the paper to dry.   Once the paper is dry it’s up to Sue to find
a suitable Basset silhouette in the paint pattern and cut it out.  It’s
amazing but Bassets seem
to leap off the paper.  Sue never does anything to enhance the image –
Flash is the artist.

This year’s BoardWaddle shirt design is done in shades of green, yellow,
pink and blue on a stone washed dark purple shirt.  The cheerful colors
pop against the purple shirt and you can see paw prints as well as a
pink mark where the eye is and a light tail tip, like a typical Basset.
I think we can safely say this is the first tshirt ever painted by a
three legged Basset Hound!
The shirts come in short  & long sleeved tees and sweatshirts small thru
4X, ladies cut short sleeve tees small thru XL and youth short  & long
sleeve tees and sweatshirts small thru L.
Prices are: short sleeve and ladies cut tee $20, long sleeve tee $25,
sweatshirt $30, youth tee $15 and youth sweatshirt $20, and all money
goes directly to support Tri-State’s rescue efforts.
Shirts can be ordered via our website www.tristatebassets.org or the
registration form in the 2014 Waddle packet.   These silhouettes are
also mounted on museum paper and framed and numbered – each one is an
original,
never any prints.  Two will be auctioned at the Dinner/Pawction of the
BoardWaddle, and throughout the year they will come up for auction as
well, with all proceeds going to Tri-State Basset Hound Rescue.
There are photos of the artist in action and the shirts and paintings on
Tri-State’s website, and Sue can be reached at irescue2 at comcast.net for
additional information and images. Flash's web sight is
www.flashybasset.com which will be updated with more images and details
shortly.

 Flash is doing his best to help hounds in need.   His paintings and
shirts are a must-have for any dog lover!
For the ones who haven't met the Flash in basset come see him at the
waddle picnic and pet him.
He might give you an pawtograph for your waddle shirt.