[Dailydrool] Repel of an assault on PBF headquarters

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 15 16:28:25 PDT 2014

This is Mila, sentry foster hound at Pacific Basset Feet headquarters.

I am Basset, hear me roar. I single doggedly repelled a potential attack on PBF headquarters. All by myself. It's true.

A truck with six cages of hulky pit bulls parked right in front of the gate to our yard. this was a pack of boar-hunting dogs and they were ready to ravage anything four-legged within their sight. I could not let them breach our defenses, so I ran to the gate and started barking at them. they in turn all started frothing at their mouths and lunging at their bars, creating such a hullabaloo that neighbors came running it of houses up and down the street. and there was I, little Mila, holding them at bay (behind my fence, them in their cages), all by myself. My foster mom came running it of our house at the same time the driver of the truck full of hunting pits came running out of our neighbor's house swearing at his dogs. he hopped in the truck and drove it away, out of sight of our fence, anyway. I was so excited It was hard to stop barking (though mom made me).

Lt. Harley and the commander himself, admiral Bo came out to join me and we sat three across at the gate, looking like Marshall Dillon and two deputies standing tall in the street of Dodge City, just daring any outlaws to come back to our town. I drove them off. Ahroooo.

Mom says I was foolhardy and lucky we were separated by a chain link fence and iron barred cages or I would have been pulverized. but I know the truth. I'm tough.

Mila, sentry guard par excellence, Harley (that wasn't too bright, Mila), and Bo (what was all that noise? Is something happening out here?), and Val (thank heavens for iron cages)