[Dailydrool] Pet Friendly

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 03:32:56 PDT 2014

La Quinta seems to be fairly pet friendly. When our house flooded we spent
3 weeks at one with Cooper in tow and they could not have been nicer. Of
course, God only knows what the insurance company agreed to pay them...

I have found the nicer the resort area the less likely they are to want
dogs over about 2.5 pounds.I have sneaked Belgians into motels under cover
of darkness, but this does not work for verbal Bassets.

My favorite place on Sanibel does not allow dogs. I can understand this as
when we have shows at hotels about half the people refuse to bend down and
pick up their dog's poop. They also leave barking dogs in rooms so it is no
wonder that the best hotels do not want your dog.

MomPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Doc, all of whom are "motel"
trained. (But the Bassets largely ignore that.)