[Dailydrool] Hank and things

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Tue Mar 25 03:38:45 PDT 2014

Hi all,

It has been very busy around here, and my time on the keyboard has been
slim, at least with the fun things.  Been working on rescue stuff for our
990s. and my own tax stuff.  Not that I do either of them, but have to
supply the info.

Anyhow, I cannot be certain I let you all know we took in a new Basset,
Dudley, about a month ago.  He is a big boy and there have been a few issues
among who is boss around here.  Hope that will resolve itself soon.  Nothing
major, just a few snarks here and there.  We are getting in a new 12 yr. old
Beagle this coming weekend, named Hunter.  His mom has cancer and can no
longer care for him,  she lives close by, as do Dudley's parents, who are
very aged and could not handle him.

Our Hank, who is around 12, will be going into surgery on Thursday morning
to tack his stomach.  He has been having bloating for the last couple of
months,  at least 7-8 times that I know of.  We have tried several routes to
prevent the gas build up, but nothing yet has worked and I am really feeling
like we are sitting on a time bomb, just waiting for the time it will
torsion on us.  I realize even after the surgery, this bloating is still
going to occur,  but we will be less concerned with his stomach twisting,
and causing damage we cannot reverse.  I do not go into this lightly or
without a lot of thought and concern.  It is elective right now,  I just
have a deep concern, one day it will not be elective, and he will heal
better when his body is not in torsion.

So if you could please keep him in your prayers, and drool, we would be so
appreciative!

Everyone else is doing pretty well here.  Laura Salmon came by the last Buff
and Puff and got down and dirty with some hound bathing, and had lunch with
us afterwards.  We sure love to see her when they are down!

OK,  off to work, have a great day everyone!

Drool to all in need from the Bounders!
wen