[Dailydrool] Dog Alarms

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 05:08:07 PDT 2014

About 3 this morning my husband and I popped our eyeballs wide open. Three
rooms away we heard the low snarling of first one and then another dog,
which erupted into "Stranger" barking, deep, guttural, threatening roars.

We have had problems in the neighborhood so John instantly was on his feet
and out the door with a flashlight but saw nothing. The dogs quieted and
after letting them out to pee we went back to bed.

About 4 we were awakened by a repeat performance, starting this time with
Doc's very intimidating roars. This is not a "someone's at the door " or
"You're a strange service person "bark but a full throttle HEY YOU bellow
followed by the Bassets in full startle mode-- no cute howls but again the
Stranger warning.

And then they stopped.

We have no idea.

There's fresh............aughSNOW......on the ground so we would see
prints, animal or human and there is nothing, but the dogs don't do that
for nothing.

What a way to wake up in the middle of the night.

momPerson to Nigel, Llewis, Conley and Doc--my Four dog security system.