[Dailydrool] Miscellaneous musings--debbiesdawgs, noises in the night, doggie wheelchairs, spring humor

jjcsandrcs at aol.com jjcsandrcs at aol.com
Tue Mar 25 06:03:10 PDT 2014

Hey everyone--Jean Sankey here in NC with snow passing us by about 30 miles. Yeeesss. First of all, I am intrigued by Bev's comments as we have one Basset that seems to hear every peep in the neighborhood and barks about it.  Our other Basset could care less, thank Dog. I'm wondering if others see a wide difference in hearing among their middle-aged healthy Bassets? Our current dogs are our 5th and 6th Bassets over 45 years span. thoughts?  Secondly, I didn't know if Drool members  knew of the passing of one of Debbiesdawgs.  Granny Lola, the first senior Basset to get the Friday donations, passed last week.  See attended the CBHR Waddle last fall in full regalia for Halloween in her Lola-mobile.  She won us all over personality-wise.  A real trooper!! And super foster parents as well.  Thirdly, if the person who asked for info on wheelchairs for dogs is still looking, please contact me off line.  Fourth, I am so impressed by the generosity of pawtners in debbiesdawgs--it is a roaring success-check it out on facebook..  Lastly, too many Bassets going to the Bridge right now--the only good part is that Debbie is there to meet them-what a joyous picture in my mind.  for those who think spring will never come--remember the old saying--Spring is here, the grass is riz, wonder where the birdies is? or as a good friend living in the Boston area paraphrased--spwing's not here, the gwass is crap, the sugar maples don't have sap.LOL