[Dailydrool] Colt & farm Update

Michele S. wickedfoxybear at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 09:27:16 PDT 2014

Hello Droolers.  This is Colt woofing in from Howling Hound Acres in the beautiful Indiana Arctic.  Like most of the country it has been a long cold and snowy winter here that just won't end. It 25 March and it snowing! I think we might be looking at a new Ice Age coming in!  As for us here at the farm, all of us are doing well and we have all been very busy.  Ruger and I are up to our eyeballs managing and patrolling our little farm.  Ruger has been cracking the whip on the momma.  When we have nice days he makes her get out and do spring cleaning yard work, like cleaning up falling branches from the ice storm, trimming up the rose and boxwood bushes. When the weather is to cold he has here cleaning our house and bedding, baking us cookies to eat and to put in the freezer for summer or making us chicken and liver jerky. Ooohhh and she got a new recipe from Auntie Jennifer for mock Stella & Chewy patties....they are delicious! And no matter what the weather is she has to tend to our needs and now our new cows. As for me I am doing very well with my chemo.  I am now on 3 week intervals. Thank you for all the drool, prayers and warm wishes...please keep it up because it is magical stuff.
Now for Farm News: Our little farm is starting to grow. On 1 March Uncle Jeff brought Mr. T-Bone to live at our farm until he is fattened up and we take him to the butcher. He is about a 9 month old steer. Then last Wednesday Uncle Jeff called the momma that he had a heifer that had twins and she was only taking care of one of them.  So momma rushed over and picked up Gertrude, a cute little day old Black Angus heifer that momma is now bottle feeding. Momma says that she will not go to the butcher since she is a female and hopefully we can breed her to get some more cute little calves out of and grow our herd.  Now here the good part: When momma went to get little Gertrude Grandpaw wasn't home, and Uncle Jeff wasn't able to bring her to us because he was up to his eyeballs in feeding his own cattle and watching other heifers having their babies to make sure that he didn't need to step in and help deliver them. Sooo you know what that silly momma of ours did?  She took our brand new BUV (a Ford Edge), because daddy has the truck in Florida; and she put little Gertrude in the back of it and brought her home. She said "a farm girl gotta do what a farm girl gotta do"  that silly momma. Now our BUV a BCUV. (Basset & Cattle Utility Vehicle)  ROFLMAO.  Momma told daddy that she was just sick in the head like Daddy with his OCD.  But hers is Obsessive Cow Disorder. Ohhh that funny. She some crazy old farmer chick now. If you do that Face Book thingy, check out our little farm out.  Just search for Howling Hound Acres and you find us. Momma try to get on there every week or so and post pictures from around the farm.  Ruger said that he'd get her back on FB to post the pics of little Gertrude by tomorrow.  But hey check it out. There are pictures of Me, Ruger, Me, beautiful sunsets and sunrises, handsome me and Ruger, and pics of the farm blanketed in snow.  Oh and pics of Ruger and I playing in the snow.  Did I mention that there are pictures of me on there.  So check us out on Face Book at Howling Hound Acres!  You know you want to see those handsome devils, the Bad Ass Basset Brothers that are Colt and Ruger!

Colt, Ruger and the momma at Howling Hound Acres
Loves and drool to all!