[Dailydrool] getting up early

Angelika angelikabrn at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 28 14:28:59 PDT 2014

Val- your post had me laughing. I get up early everyday- I just do. Elvis sleeps on the couch at night ( he stopped jumping off a year or so ago), so he WHINES when he wants to get up. I get out of bed and get him off the couch, place him in front of one of the dog beds that are on the floor in front of couch. Walk away to get my robe. Come back to find his belly band has slipped and he is peeing- which of course is soaking right into the bed he is next to. Put him out on the front porch. Clean up the mess, change the bed cover. Bring him back in. Go in kitchen to get him his bowl- come back and he has pooped on the mat in front of the door and belly band is moved again and he is peeing all over floor. Get new belly band. Clean up poop and put mat in laundry sink to wash later, mop the floor. He eats and then pees himself through the dining room- poops one more time too.  Pick up and some more mopping. All this in the first 10 minutes of being up. I swear he is a Slinky and I offer to staple, nail, glue or duct tape that belly band in place many times a day. By the time I get to my first cup of coffee I have generally offered to kill him ( or snuffocate- depends on how friendly I am feeling 😊 ) several times. I KNOW just how you felt Val!

But then they look so darn cute and you manage to do it all over again...and again...

droolies, Angelika

Sent from Windows Mail