[Dailydrool] Games

Jennifer Martin timandjenmartin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 03:51:40 PST 2014

Never make a basset mad! They hold grudges! We have a Busy Buddy jug that
we attempted to use with Blitzen ATB. This newer series of games have come
out since. That didn't work well either for but a different reason. It is a
jug with a plunger. The dog uses to plunger in and out of the jug to
extract 0-3 pieces of food. There is a screw lid on the back so you can
fill it. We thought if we gave this to Blitzen with half her dinner, we
might actually get to watch a movie in some peace. Well, she had great
difficulty getting the plunger to work and she got frustrated. She got
frustrated and started throwing it around. No success. She tried chewing
the plunger off. I took it away for 10 minutes. When I gave it back to her,
she figured out how to screw the lid off the back and dump the food on the
carpet and eat it all at once. She remembered how to screw off the back and
it was never an effect toy after that. Fast forward to Beauford as a puppy.
That boy has teeth of steel and he managed to rip the plunger off and throw
it about 3 times to get all the food out. Talk about a bust!

If Nigel had been willing to play, it would have been great to keep his
mind occupied as he sits around with nothing to do. Too bad he is a basset
and said, "No Way!"

Jennifer with Beauford, Bugsey and Browyn the Fairy Princess