[Dailydrool] Dexter's limerick

Pamela McQuade plmcquade at optimum.net
Fri May 2 13:24:37 PDT 2014

Dear Ms. Val:

I am so delighted that you wrote a limerick about ME! I have been trying
to get the mama to write one, but she says she only does prose--a feeble
excuse if ever I heard one. What's better to get poetic over than a
basset who sleeps in your bed (even if you can't) and adores your every
move (as long as you don't try to move him on the bed). Feeble, I tell
you, feeble excuse.

But I am so glad that you have taken up the slack for her. I appreciate
your poetry from the bottom of my heart.

C.K. Dexter Haven of the Dashing Bassets.