[Dailydrool] Note from Debbie's daughter

Jane Hay janewhay at gmail.com
Fri May 2 14:45:55 PDT 2014

I'm sending this on on behalf of Debbie Winchester's daughter:

From: amanda guilmain <amandadawn0024 at gmail.com>
Date: May 2, 2014 at 5:03:14 PM EDT
To: me <amandadawn0024 at gmail.com>
Subject: Winchester Update

Hi Everyone!

I thought I'd give you an update. Things are going well here. Dad's
holding the fort down, despite the hounds' best efforts to run the
ship. They are doing well. I washed everyone's crate liners and beds
this week, so they're all spiffed up for spring. Elwood is Elwood, I
don't think he'll ever realize he's not a puppy anymore. Every day, I
pick up all the toys, and he takes no time for them to be strewn all
over the front room. I washed all his blankets, and he watched me
carry the folded stack into the front room with eyes as big as
saucers--he knew they were his. No sooner than I turned my back did he
grab them off the couch and lay down in the middle of them, toys
abound. Dollie is definitely a senior hound --she sleeps a LOT. She
gets the idea to be active, but then sees her dog bed and decides to
take a nap instead. She must be narcoleptic. Bessie is coming along.
When I first got here, Bessie wouldn't approach me, we were at square
one again. But when I got up the next morning, she was excited to see
me. She let me pet her for a few minutes, but then was back in her
cage. By the third morning, she climbed up on the stoop, gave me a
very small snooter kiss, and then laid down so I could give her a
bellyrub. She's even come in the kitchen a few times while I've been
cooking. She'll take food from me, and she wants the attention. She'll
be my best friend soon! Jake is...well, the leader of the pack. He
tries to make sure he's getting more attention than anyone else. He's
still cruising countertops and attempting to dig in the trash can. But
he's been really good this week, only one outburst, and it was over a
button he stole off a pillow, where Bessie decided she wanted to play
too.

All in all, everyone is moving about. There are times when we know mom
is here, and there are times we can tell she's off making her rounds.
Dad is doing well, he's changed some of his habits to include more
chores. I filled his freezer and his cookie jar while I was here. We
had a lot of good laughs, and the healing process is taking place.

Thank you for all your continued support. It really means a lot. Don't
stop believing!