[Dailydrool] My Basset has lost his bark

tammiesemail at aol.com tammiesemail at aol.com
Sun May 4 08:15:20 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm a long time subscriber and reader and have learned lots from all of you.   Now, it seems I have a question.  My 6 year old Basset, Jake, has lost his bark.  Well, he barks but it is very hoarse.  He cannot howl at all.  He only squeaks.  I took him to the vet on Saturday, but he was unable to see down his throat. So, Jake is going back on Friday. The vet will sedate him and be able to get a look at everything then.  Nothing about Jake's behavior or appetite has changed.  Just drinks a bit more water than usual. He hasn't lost weight. Still plays the same with the other dogs, etc. etc.

I'm just wondering if this has ever happened to any of your beloved Bassets.  I'm worried, as I love him dearly!  If anyone has experienced this or heard of this, I would be very grateful if you could share your information!  Thank you so much.

Tammie & Jake, the beloved Basset