[Dailydrool] Tessie - drool please

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Thu May 8 08:10:07 PDT 2014

My step basset, Tessie, who owns my XH, has always been fit and healthy.

In December, she had a "cauliflower" lump removed from her flank. It was biopsied and there was nothing nasty in it.

Today, she went back to the vet to have another removed. As it was identical to the first, the XH told them not to bother with a biopsy.

He received a call from Vet Chris from the operating theatre. He said the lump was  cancer and he wanted to do an Xray. This then showed poor Tessie is absolutely riddled with cancer. It has eaten into her leg bone and her spine. Chris recommended she was "let go" under anaesthesia.

I saw Tessie on Sunday on a basset walk and there is no way she looked ill. She was running and playing with the others. The only thing, with hindsight, is she has been much better behaved recently.

Tom said he would take her home and love her until she told him it was time.

Please, please join Rolph and Clara in sending lots of drool to them both at this awful time.

A very sad Sally, with Rolph and Clara, UK