[Dailydrool] Apoquel

KR1204 at aol.com KR1204 at aol.com
Thu May 8 15:33:17 PDT 2014

I don't have itchy dogs but I do have some insight into why there are
shortages.My brother and both nieces work for Big Pharmas (different ones) and
in discussing it with them once a drug is "off patent" or that part of the
company is sold off drugs can then be manufactured anywhere in the world,
usually where labor is cheap. I was prescribed Singular for asthma but as
soon  as it went off patent, a different shape and color pill was arriving from
a  company called Dr. Reddy. My brother informed me that this is a company
based in  India that buys the manufacturing rights when available. When this
happens there  are often manufacturing delays and the new company needs to
gear up and also get  required supplies.

Kathy with Crackers, Loki and Jordan

The following statement and link shows that Pfizer sold off Apoquel to
another company.
 . (NYSE "Zoetis: ZTS), formerly the animal health business unit of Pfizer
Inc. -  See more at:
http://news.zoetis.com/press-release/companion-animals/fda-approves-apoquel-oclacitinib-tablet-control-itch-and-inflammatio#.dpuf.