[Dailydrool] still struggling with yeast overgrowth.

Valerie vlbzwick at yahoo.com
Thu May 8 19:46:16 PDT 2014

we are into week four treating a yeast overgrowth on poor Bo. His dewlap is red and raw but also crusty with hard black yeast. His feet are the same, as is his tail. He has been having a medicated Ketochlor bath every other day, plus taking oral medication--Ketoconazole 400 mg., and for the past two weeks simplicef 150 mg. while the condition has not gotten worse, it hasnt gotten a whole lot better either.

Before going to the vet a month ago I had tried blue Power solution on it without much effect. also apple cider vinegar and water without much effect.

From what I have read on the Internet, the treatment bo is getting is the standard one, but Im discouraged at the slow progress. would gold Bond powder help? any other ideas. I return to the vet again next week. Help!