[Dailydrool] Greetings!

Beryl Silberg berylrich2001 at yahoo.com
Mon May 12 16:02:18 PDT 2014

Hi, Droolers.  Hope everyone had an enjoyable Mother'sDay.  We celebrated at brunch with family and it was very
nice.  Good luck to Marlene and Leah with your knee surgeries.  Hope we can be kept up-to-date with your progress.
I'm slowly getting caught up with my Daily Drools and am enjoying learning about all the foibles and follies of our
wonderful bassets.  My daughter-in-law and her 2 beagles and cat have moved on to their permanent home in
Mississippi, so Zoey is an "only dog" for the first time.  She seems very happy about it, and we haven't noticed that she misses the other pets at all.  She's such a "Daddy's Girl" that she sticks to Richard like
velcroe.  She's a wonderful girl, and we've been wondering what she'd be like when they all left.  She adopted us
a year ago (right around Memorial Day) so she has really settled in now.  And her beautiful dark chocolate fur color
really attracts attention wherever she goes.  Her extremely active nature when we have company over seems to be
controlled by our putting on her leash.  (our vet suggested we do this before guests come over).  Of course, one of us must hold onto the leash all the time, but it's worth it to keep her "subdued."  She seems very happy with the situation, and of course, people pet her and compliment her with "good dog,"  good girl, so she's real pleased about it.  It also keeps her from dashing out the door which is the main reason we started doing it..  Hope our sick and
infirm houndies are recovering well -and hope everybody has a good week.                    Beryl & Zoey