[Dailydrool] Beginning kidney problems

Sally Russell sally at slokr.com
Sat May 17 09:40:14 PDT 2014

Our Pixel, who will be 14 next month, began to have kidney problems.  She
began to have severe appetite problems and increased thirst and urination.

Our vet has us administer a small bolus of a saline solution (200 ml) every
morning. Since she has an abundance of fur around her neck, it does not
bother her at all. Her appetite is now great and her increased thirst and
urination have stopped.

Fortunately, this problem was caught in the early stages.  She has had
pancreatitis in the past so we have always fed her Royal Canin low fat
gastrointestinal.  She had completely turned off on it and now loves it.

Hope this info. may help some other basset with the same problems.

Sally Russell