[Dailydrool] Margie

jacquelynn chazey aerogator27 at hotmail.com
Sat May 17 03:44:11 PDT 2014

Dear Margie,
I am moved by your post, and I too, have noted a tone change to the list, but, I think a lot of the change has to do with the expansion of social media, i.e., Facebook, etc., and I just can't keep up with the changes.  I am pretty loyal to the drool list, as it has gotten me through some pretty hard times over the years.
I am sorry for the loss of your Mom.  My mom has be in decline for a long time now, and she had 4 years of institutional care before I was able to get her back home, with the help of hospice.  Young Pierre guided me through the tough times with Mom.  Mom started her journey out of the house just two weeks after I rescued Jr., and they are simpatico.  Even though she barely knew him, he was the one who visited her at Assisted Living and then the nursing home.
He was such a delight to the residents and staff, and he rolled for belly rubs and made everyone laugh.  He isn't a titled therapy dog, but he does have an obedience diploma and a CGC certificate, but because he is a family member he was allowed to visit.
To me it is unbelievable how connected to Mom he is.  He loved his visits to the facilities, and now, he loves to spend time with her, even when I am not sitting by her side.  Mom had a rough last two days, and he wouldn't leave her room.  They know, don't they?
Sorry this is not a funny post.  Give me time, I hope funny days are in my future, and I will tell all about them.  I kinda think you can understand.
Healing drool to all in need.
Jackie and Pumpkin, Jellybean, Nigel (Janie Anne, forever in my mind), Colette, Little Nikki and Pierre Jr
P.S.  the stinkers just kicked ME out of bed, claiming they want to go out, but after I got up, they rolled over, and are snoring their heads off, go figure, bassets.