[Dailydrool] actual UTI?

Wendie Prince houndsabound at cfl.rr.com
Tue May 20 04:41:12 PDT 2014

I hate the ER clinics.   They want to do every test in the world and still
not get it right.  NOW, this is ONLY MY OPINION!
Recently they diagnosed William with infectious bronchitis when he had a
tick borne disease called Babesia.   I had to take him in due to a very high
fever on Easter.

ER's serve their purpose in a pinch,  but I just hate having to use them.

Actually, as far as Daisy goes, it sounds like she may have passed a bladder
stone.  Certainly I would follow up with your vet, anytime I go to the ER, I
am into my vet as I do not trust the ER vets 100%.

For a firm diagnosis of bladder stones, I think they would have to do an
ultrasound.    And depending on what they saw, surgery may be recommended.
Our Edward had stones and had to have surgery as there were a lot in him.
There is special food to help prevent stones, but I think the easiest way to
help your hound is to make sure they are getting plenty of fluids to flush
the system well.  In addition to Edward getting his regular water, which I
cannot make him drink any more than he wants to,  he gets soup for his
meals.   This means, he gets about a cup of broth with his kibble.  He
drinks it up, and it seems to be working since we have rechecked his bladder
and he shows no more stones.  To be honest, I do not know if stones are a
recurring thing or not, if they are prone to them once they get them.  I
just know I try to keep him well hydrated.

Good luck with Dottie and try not to worry.  Think they(the ER's) always
tell you the worse of anything.
Wen and the Bounders.  ( Hank slung some of his drool on the wall this
morning , so it did not get sent out to anyone...)