[Dailydrool] vACCINES

Beverly Szaton bgszap2 at gmail.com
Tue May 20 12:42:22 PDT 2014

Sorry capslock was on.

I do not have statistics but I know that both my Vets have told me that
since people have stopped vaccinating they have seen more cases of Parvo
and Distemper.
In all the years I worked there I remember ONE case of Distemper.

What happens is people are half-informed and simply do not vaccinate.
Titer? Never heard of it, so they don't do it, or they think it's going to
be too expensive, or someone TELLS them the dog is ok because they have
heard that the vaccine is good forever.

So, as parents quit vaccinating for whooping cough and measles, now there
are outbreaks of both because the herd immunity is gone.

Don't be foolish: either vaccinate or do titers but do them on time and pay
attention to dogs around you. Do you know, really, that the dogs are safely
immune?

MomPerson to Nigel (vax'd) Llewis (vax'd) Conley (overdue) and Doc (needs
Lepto.)

PS. Why is Nigel vaccinated because he never leaves the yard? Because my
OTHER dogs do. And they can bring home absolutely anything.​