[Dailydrool] Drool & Ice

Kathie Goblirsch Bookwyrm at comcast.net
Wed May 21 07:59:17 PDT 2014

On 5/20/2014 6:12 PM, lea pierce wrote:

> Ice Hound: Anyone else have a Basset who loooooooves ice cubes?
> LadyHound Foxy (still working on her allergies, but they seem more
> under control) pounces whenever I drop an ice cube.
>
> <snip>
>
> Indeed, basset crunching ice is a mighty fine sound. And it's not that
> hot out here in Whine (uh, wine...) Country. Go figure.
>
> Other oddities (hopefully not harmful) that your basset
> looooovessss... I'm all ears (aren't we all...)

All of our Bassets (and Basset-mixes) have liked chomping ice cubes to a
greater or lesser degree. Misty is especially fond of ice -- she is
instantly at my side whenever she hears me at the fridge door.

Misty is also addicted to eating paper napkins and paper towels and the
occasional sheet of plain paper (which always has notes on it that I
MUST keep).  And between she and the two Maine Coon kitties no cardboard
box is safe. The cats don't eat the cardboard, just rip pieces off.
Misty does eat the cardboard though. Makes for interesting poop in the
backyard.

Kathie G