[Dailydrool] Funny Stories

Mary Lee mltrnka at hotmail.com
Wed May 21 08:30:44 PDT 2014

Been reading the past few days about the lack of "stories" on the Drool.  It made me think about all the silly things our bassets, Tucker and Philby, did to entertain us.  We are still "basset-less" - we have been going through some big changes here - my husband's job "ends" this Friday and my mother just passed after being quite ill for a few months.  I'm sure we will get another fur-baby, but we're just waiting until the dust settles.

Speaking of the dust settling - I vacuumed yeterday.  We have a Dyson with the clear "windtunnel".  I am absolutely amazed at the difference in the volume of gunk in the "tunnel" since we have been dogless.  Even when we just had one dog, the amount of debris was amazing - the little "tunnel" was 75% full every time I vacuumed.  Now, there is just a little lump of debris at the bottom of the "tunnel".  And we still have two cats!  I didn't realize that bassets produced so much dander!

On another subject - odd things our bassets loved to eat - or, in this case, hated to eat - both of our boys hated the little meat-like chunks that contained their heartworm meds.  I think I had the only two dogs on the face of the earth that would either chew the chunks briefly, then spit them out all slimy, or just refuse to eat them.  The only way I could get Tucker to eat them was to cut them up into little morsels and stir them up into either peanut butter or spaghetti sauce.  Then I would feed it to him with a spoon.

I still miss my boys and look forward to the time when we'll be able to get another basset.  I'm sure we will be getting another rescue. Thinking about looking at a little girl this time - any opinions?

Mary Lee